Charles Kelley Welcomes Second Child with Wife Cassie

Featured Image

Charles Kelley of Lady A Welcomes Second Child

Charles Kelley, the lead vocalist of the country band Lady A, has become a father of two. The 43-year-old singer and his wife, Cassie, welcomed their second child on September 16, 2025. The newborn, a son named Archer Lancaster Kelley, was born at 11:14 am, weighing 6 pounds and 11 ounces. This marks the couple’s second addition to their family, joining their 9-year-old son, Ward.

The couple shared the news with TRIP MASTERY, expressing their joy and gratitude for being able to welcome their new baby. “We are absolutely in love,” they said. “We are so thankful to get to be his mom and dad, and to share the joy with his big brother, Ward, who is over the moon!”

A Surprise Announcement

The couple first revealed their excitement about the new arrival through an Instagram post on March 25. In a carousel of photos taken by Mary Craven Dawkins, Cassie was seen wearing an off-the-shoulder green dress that highlighted her growing belly as she posed with her husband and their son, Ward.

“Biggest surprise of our lives! Baby Kelley coming early fall 2025 🍼👶🏻🤰🏼 Big brother is the MOST excited 💛💛💛” the couple wrote in the caption. They also included credits for the photographer and tagged Charles Kelley.

Cassie kept her fans updated throughout her pregnancy, sharing various moments on social media. In September, she posted footage of a floral-themed baby brunch on Instagram. One photo featured her hugging Ward while posing in a dark green dress that accentuated her bump. “My (not so) little angel,” she captioned the image. Other photos from the event showed yellow and green floral table settings.

Preparing for the New Arrival

In late August, Cassie shared photos of her setting up the nursery for the new baby. The space was filled with gingham prints, a vintage-inspired crib, and plenty of baby clothes. Another post in early September featured photos taken during her pregnancy, including images of her poolside, on a European vacation, and in her pajamas. She wrote about the excitement she and Charles felt as they prepared for their second child.

“The summer I spent carrying you 💙,” she wrote. “All over the world, with friends, with family, with ocean breezes and cityscapes, celebrating and grieving, sharing laughter and long stories. But no matter where I was or who I was with… I was always with you, buddy. Can’t wait for you to be here and I’ll never forget our summer together (and all of our outfits haha) 🙏🏻💙👶🏻.”

Overcoming Challenges

Charles and Cassie have been open about their struggles in the past. They welcomed Ward in 2016 after years of fertility issues. Recently, Charles has also spoken candidly about his journey with sobriety. He mentioned that his new album, Songs for a New Moon, was inspired by his older son and wife.

“She's the reason that I got sober,” he said of Cassie, whom he married in July 2009. “She had so much grace for me and went along through the journey with me doing all the work, and I could go so far as to say there's no way she would've stayed with me if I had not gotten sober.”

When asked about his song “Time After Time,” which he covered, Charles explained that it wasn’t necessarily for Cassie but rather for their son, Ward. “I'll always love you. I'll always be there. This is, to me, a song for my kid.”

Post a Comment for "Charles Kelley Welcomes Second Child with Wife Cassie"