Kimora Lee Simmons Shares Her Anti-Filler Philosophy: 'Don't Overdo It'

Kimora Lee Simmons Shares Her Beauty Philosophy at 50

Kimora Lee Simmons, a renowned fashion mogul and model, has opened up about her beauty philosophy in a recent interview. At 50, she emphasizes the importance of embracing one’s natural look and avoiding excessive enhancements. Her motto for beauty is simple: "Don't overdo it."

Embracing Natural Beauty

Simmons shared that her approach to beauty is rooted in the idea that everyone is the oldest they will ever be on any given day. She believes that beauty evolves through different stages of life. "Right now, my idea is: don't try to do too much," she said. "I don't overdo it. I think that's a big one."

She also advises against overusing procedures like surgery, filler, or Botox. "You don't need to do too much. Take it easy. Less is always better," she added. Simmons has never had filler, and she finds that traveling helps her remember that natural beauty is just as valuable.

"I love to travel," she said. "I travel a lot and just got back from Paris for fashion week. When you look up and you look around, all the women don't look alike. They don't all have the same filler in their lips. They don't all have the same filler in their cheeks. You don't have to have that. I don't have that. You don't have to have that to be beautiful. That's not the only idea of beautiful."

A Balanced Approach to Enhancements

While Simmons doesn't criticize those who choose to use fillers, she does warn against overdoing it. "Lots of my friends and family have it," she said. "When it becomes overstuffed or overdone, then it looks crazy." She has often shared this message with others, both on and off TV.

"The trend is downshifting anyway," she explained. "So if you had all that stuff in your butt, or your hips, or your face, your boobies, you don't need it. You can also take it out, but when you take it out it's never fully gone, by the way, there is still quite a bit there. So, be careful, take it slow and don't overdo it."

Skincare and Makeup Routine

Instead of relying on fillers, Simmons follows a multi-step skincare routine that keeps her looking and feeling her best. "I wash, tone, moisturize, serum, serum, eye cream," she said. "I'm one of those. I've also learned if I put on too much makeup and go in the wrong light it looks powdery, cakey and dry. If I don't do that or do less of that and go in that same terrible lighting, I look better. Again, less is more. You don't need to always cake it on, and you have to be accepting of where you are at on your journey and try to improve on what you can."

New Television Series and Career

In addition to running her fashion brand Baby Phat, Simmons currently stars in her new E! series Kimora: Back in the Fab Lane, a follow-up to her show Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane, which ran from 2007-2011. "It’s like a chapter two of life," she said. "I do think things go in a cycle — it’s not just cliché. I’m living it."

The new series airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET on E!.

Post a Comment for "Kimora Lee Simmons Shares Her Anti-Filler Philosophy: 'Don't Overdo It'"